Monday, January 14, 2013

Transformation


            When I committed to serve the Lord full time in August 2004, I encountered a life strengthening incident. I approached my friend – an experienced Christian missionary, and expressed my great relief to have departed from the evil, political, corrupt, and cut-throat secular world. But to my utter shock and surprise, he ruined my joy and said, "Welcome to a dirtier world." I couldn’t believe my ears! But today, I thank him wholeheartedly for that timely word of wisdom that keeps ringing in my ears always.

            I view the Bible as the word of the Triune God given to mankind to deliver us out of evil and sin to draw us into HIS presence with whom we will spend all of eternity. I consider the Bible as a revelation that draws the believer into the life-giving presence of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Cf. John 5:39-40). When we come into HIS presence, we are to live a life bearing good fruit (Matthew 7:18-20). Unless we remain in Christ, we cannot bear good fruit (Cf. John 15). When we remain in Christ, we are continually transformed into HIS likeness (Romans 8:29).

            These verses are the backbone to my blog. The Holy Bible says, “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye” (Matthew 7:3-5). If transformation is one of the major themes of the Bible, then it is imperative that we open the eyes of our hearts to introspect how we as Christians ought to transform so that our Lord’s name be glorified.

            This is not about perfection ministering to imperfection. That equation works only between God and man. This blog is all about one imperfection challenging another. The end objective is that both should change for the better. May the good Lord guide us as we journey through our lives (Jude 24-25).  

            Please do not expect political correctness from this blog. My thoughts are to be governed by the Bible, so chide me if I walk away from the living Word.

            But, it is time to introspect. More on this later….enjoy a blessed day! 

No comments: